Board Certified Specialist
Texas Board Certified Bankruptcy Specialist
A board certified attorney is an attorney who has demonstrated special competence in a particular field and whose competence has been certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, created by the Supreme Court of Texas. The board administers the program through which an attorney may demonstrate special competence in a particular area of practice.
All Texas bankruptcy law board certified attorneys must:
- Be licensed to practice law for a minimum of 5 years;
- Practice bankruptcy law for at least 3 years;
- Have devoted a minimum of 20% of their practice to bankruptcy law;
- Have handled a wide variety of bankruptcy matters;
- Complete mandatory bankruptcy law education each year;
- Be evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges; and
- Have passed a day long, written examination.